Here’s a delicious Jambalaya recipe that you can try at home:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, celery, and garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, rice, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard. Serve the jambalaya hot, garnished with chopped green onions.
Enjoy your delicious Jambalaya!
There are no comments yet.